If you’re looking for an orthodontist for kids, you’ve got plenty of choices. A quick online search will yield dozens of results in your area, but how do you know which orthodontist is the best? You can search through online reviews, but they give an incomplete picture of what a practice is really like.
At Toothfairy Pediatric Dental, we’re proud to offer top-notch pediatric dental services, but did you know that we’re a high-quality orthodontist for kids as well? If you’re searching for the best orthodontist for kids in Reno, consider your search over! Our highly-qualified team takes great pride in making your child’s smile the best it can be.
We’re confident that your child will get amazing orthodontic care when they visit Toothfairy Pediatric Dental, but how can you feel confident that we’re the best orthodontist for kids in the area? Here’s a quick checklist of things you should look for when you’re searching for an orthodontist for your child. You’ll find that our office checks all the right boxes!
1. An Orthodontist For Kids Should Be Convenient
If your child needs to see the orthodontist on a regular basis, you’ll want to find an orthodontist that works in tandem with a pediatric dental office. Why is this so important? If your child’s pediatric dentist is located in a separate office from their dentists, you’ll have to coordinate two different offices, two different staffs, and two different calendars.
When your child is a patient at Toothfairy, their pediatric dentist and orthodontist will operate under the same roof, working in tandem with one another. Not only is this convenient, but you’ll also feel confident that your child is receiving coordinated care from their dental team. With six locations in Fernley, Sun Valley, Sparks, Gardnerville, Midtown Reno, and southern Reno, you’ll always have a convenient office closeby. We even offer Saturday appointments, making it even easier to squeeze appointments into your busy schedule.
2. An Orthodontist For Kids Should Have A Welcoming Office
When your child visits the orthodontist, it’s understandable that they’ll be a bit nervous. At Toothfairy, we understand this. That’s why all six of our offices are clean, modern, and inviting to children. As soon as your child comes through the door, they’ll feel comfortable in our kid-friendly environment. All of our staff have been specially trained to make your child feel at ease, especially children with special needs. This kind of unique environment has made us the go-to orthodontist for kids in Reno.
3. An Orthodontist For Kids Uses The Highest-Quality Equipment
Everyone recognizes that technology has rapidly changed over the past few years. For instance. the cell phones that we have in our pockets were unimaginable a little over a decade ago. As much as technology has changed in our personal lives, it has also changed in the field of orthodontics as well. Despite this, many children’s orthodontists still use outdated equipment that won’t deliver the results you’re looking for. At Toothfairy Pediatric Dental, understand the need to evolve with the times. For instance, we use digital x-ray technology to get the highest-resolution view at your child’s mouth. Also, our orthodontists also utilize Invisalign, a newer orthodontic treatment that many children love.
4. An Orthodontist For Kids Has Many Treatment Options
When most people think of braces, they think of metal, brackets, and wires. Although this traditional method has been used for years, Toothfairy offers several other treatment options as well, including:
- Ceramic braces: These braces look much like traditional metal braces, except that this treatment option utilizes ceramic brackets that look like the natural color of the enamel. Many children like ceramic braces because they are less noticeable than their metal counterparts.
- Lingual braces: Imagine metal braces on the back of the teeth instead of on the front. Lingual braces are composed of metal and wire, but are located on the rear of the teeth, making them impossible to see. Cosmetically, they are the least intrusive of all options, but they can be more difficult to clean because of their location on the back of the teeth.
- Invisalign: As mentioned, this new technology is changing the field of orthodontics. Clear plastic aligners fit over the teeth to gently shift them into their proper places. Because kids take the aligners out when they eat, they often don’t have to deal with the food restrictions of regular braces. Invisalign isn’t perfect for every situation, but they are a popular option for many patients.
Which treatment is right for your child? Schedule your child’s consultation and we’ll give you the pro’s and con’s of each option. We’ll find the perfect fit for your kid!
Toothfairy Pediatric Dental: Your Orthodontist for Kids
We’re confident that if you live in the Reno area, your best choice is Toothfairy for your child’s orthodontic needs. Your child isn’t just simply a computer file or a patient number when they visit our office; we care about each child’s specific needs and work hard to earn each patient’s trust.
If your considering choosing Toothfairy, we suggest that you schedule an appointment so your child can first receive a dental cleaning and exam. At this appointment, we can give you our thoughts about possible orthodontic needs. You’ll also be able to ask questions and let us know of any particular concerns that you have as well.
Worried about the cost of visiting the orthodontist? Our office is happy to help ease your concerns. We accept many types of dental insurance, including Medicaid. We also offer convenient payment plans as well as. We think that braces should be available to every child that needs them, so if you have any concerns about finances, please give us a call at 775-909-4356 so we can walk you through your options.
There’s so many reasons to choose Toothfairy Pediatric Dental as your orthodontist for kids in Reno. We hope to see your smiling face soon!